Christian HammerJuniorprof. Dr.-Ing.
Language-based Security, Information Flow Control, Inline Reference Monitors, Mobile Security, Web Security, Concurrent Programming
- Our paper Learning how to Prevent Return-Oriented Programming Efficiently was presented for publication at the International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems (ESSoS'15)
- Our EIT ICT master program on Security & Privacy is in the news (in German).
- Our grant for Browser Security in the DFG priority program RS3 was extended by another 2 years.
- David Pfaff, Sebastian Gerling and Christian Hammer explain in the news how to protect against malware (in German).
- Our paper Generalizing Permissive-Upgrade in Dynamic Information Flow Analysis was presented at the 9th ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Programming Languages and Analysis for Security (PLAS'14) and the Joint Workshop on Foundations of Computer Security and Formal and Computational Cryptography (FCS-FCC'14)
- Android security: real-time policy enforcement for third-party applications.
- Atomic-set-serializability, a data-centric correctness criterion for concurrent programs (in collaboration with IBM Research)
- VALSOFT/Joana, information flow control based on program slicing and path conditions.
|since 2012||Juniorprofessor at CISPA of Saarland University|
|Jul-Dec 2011||Assistant professor at Utah State University|
|2009–2011||Post-Doc at Purdue University in the Secure Software Systems group|
|2009||Dr.-Ing. Universität Karlsruhe|
Thesis title: Information Flow Control for Java – A Comprehensive Approach based on Path Conditions in Dependence Graphs.
- ESOP 2016, PC Member
- PLAS 2015, PC Member
- ICWE 2015, Co-Chair Security and Privacy in Web Applications track
- ESSoS 2015, PC member
- SAC 2015, PC member PL track
- ECOOP 2015, PC member
My previous professional activities can be found here.
Winter Term 2014/2015
Summer Term 2014
- Lecture: Secure Information Flow
Summer Term 2013
Winter Term 2012/2013
- Core Lecture: Security (together with Michael Backes and Matteo Maffei)
Summer Term 2012
A list of my publications can be found here.